Plant Pathology News
Plant Pathology Opinions
Plant Pathology Meetings
Plant Path Associations
Plant Pathology Conferences
13th Australasian Plant Virology Workshop
Date : 20-22 February 2018
Venue: Waiheke Island, located in the Hauraki Gulf, Auckland, New Zealand
The 13th APVW will be held on Waiheke Island, located in the Hauraki Gulf, Auckland, New Zealand. The workshop series provides a forum for scientists from Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the world to meet on a biennial basis to provide updates on their recent research relating to plant viruses, viroids, phytoplasmas and other obligate pathogens. The research areas include basic and molecular, and ecological and applied. For a list of topics covered, please refer to the Abstract Submission or the Program section.
The 13th Australasian Plant Virology Workshop once again provides a wonderful opportunity to be in the company of people who a share common interest in everything plant virus and virus-like.
Several organisations for their support.
• University of Auckland, School of Biological Sciences (www.sbs.auckland.ac.nz) for sponsoring Kristiina Mäkinen to give the R.E.F. Matthews’ Memorial Lecture
• BerryCo (www.berryco.co) for their sponsorship of Yannis Tzanetakis
• New Zealand Wine Growers (www.nzwine.com) for their sponsorship of Rodrigo Almeida
• Ministry for Primary industries (www.mpi.govt) for their sponsorship of Pascal Gentit
• Zespri (www.zespri.com) and Kiwifruit Vine Health (www.kvh.org.nz) for their sponsorship of Shaohua Wen
• NZ Citrus growers (www.citrus.co.nz) for their sponsorship of William Dawson
• EMBO (www.embo.org) for their sponsorship of Santiago Elena to give the Forster Memorial Lecture
• dnature (www.dnature.co.nz) for sponsoring lunches and student prize
• Australasian Plant Pathology Society (www.appsnet.org) for providing financial assistance and prizes to students
• Plant & Food Research (www.plantandfood.co.nz) for providing the support to organise this workshop
For more details, visit: http://scienceevents.co.nz/apvw/image/apvw-programme-2018.pdf